Work with us
Finland is in an exceptional position to lead the quantum revolution.
~ Prof. Mikko Möttönen
Chief Scientist, IQM
New office in Munich, Germany
IQM has recently established an office in Munich, Germany and we are growing our co-design team there. Munich offers a fantastic quality of life in a modern city. It is very clean, safe, and child friendly. Combined with the fact that there are many possibilities for leisure activities in all areas, it makes life in Munich very pleasant.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
You will join the core R&D team developing a superconducting quantum processor. Your role involves deep, hands-on technical work in a focused, collaborative startup environment with experts in quantum device design and testing, as well as supporting technologies including electronics, software, and system-level engineering. Your main responsibilities will be the characterization and benchmarking of the qubits and qubit systems, and developing the surrounding infrastructure. You will be guiding the technical direction of the research based on the experimental results, with constant awareness towards company milestones in collaboration with our multidisciplinary team. Your exact role will be tailored depending on your interests and experience level, and you may also contribute to the modeling and design aspects.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Hands on characterization and measurement of superconductor-based qubits and quantum devices.
- Development of automated measurement practices.
- Collaborate with software, hardware and device fabrication teams to determine development path for a scalable superconducting quantum processor.
- Contribute to the design aspects of qubit test circuits and the quantum processor.
- Establishing lab best practices and protocols to ensure quality of work and the safety of all involved.
- MSc or PhD in Electrical engineering, Physics, Applied Physics or related field.
- Experience in radio-frequency measurements at cryogenic temperatures
- Ability to apply advanced laboratory instrumentation and control electronics in measurements, including RF and microwave characterization tools (e.g. VNAs, spectrum analyzers, lock-in ampifiers), digital measurement control hardware and measurement control software
- Experience on experimental work with qubits
- Theoretical understanding on qubit circuits
- Basic knowledge of microwave engineering
- Experienced in programming languages like Python, Mathematica and MATLAB.
- Experience in simulation tools such as HFSS, Comsol, Sonnet, or equivalent.
- Keen experimental insight with an ability to devise and focus on key experiments.
- Excellent communication (English, verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated, and excited by self-directed, hands-on work.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to new situations in a rapidly changing research environment.
- Strong teamwork skills.
We are now looking for a Head of Marketing & Communications to support our mission of expanding the frontier of scientific and technological progress.
What will I be doing?
In general, you will take the overall responsibility in all marketing, public relations and external communications activities of IQM. Among other things, this will include
- Developing our marketing and communications strategy and managing its execution
- Overseeing and building IQM’s brand, content, and marketing materials, and social media presence
- Supporting our sales team by building focused marketing campaigns targeting public and private customers
- Managing IQM’s press relations
What skills do I need?
- At least 5 years of experience in marketing and communications
- Vision to make IQM a global brand
- Ability to work in fast-paced work environment autonomously with minimal direction and willing to roll up your sleeves to do what needs to be done
- Excellent communicator in Finnish and English
Nice to have
- You have built growth companies before
- Targeted international public policy campaign experience
- Enterprise B2B marketing experience
What I can expect from IQM?
- An important mission to work on with a passionate team and growing organization
- The unique opportunity to have a serious impact in a completely new industry
- A competitive compensation package and plenty of room to progress alongside the company
How to apply
Please send us your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If wee see you would potentially be great fit for IQM, we will reach out to you shortly.