Work with us
Finland is in an exceptional position to lead the quantum revolution.
~ Prof. Mikko Möttönen
Chief Scientist, IQM
New office in Munich, Germany
IQM has recently established an office in Munich, Germany and we are growing our co-design team there. Munich offers a fantastic quality of life in a modern city. It is very clean, safe, and child friendly. Combined with the fact that there are many possibilities for leisure activities in all areas, it makes life in Munich very pleasant.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Your will lead a project team in a particular R&D topic area aiming to delivery of a superconducting quantum computer. The topic areas include but are not limited to quantum processor design and modeling, control system and software development, optimized operation of qubit systems, and system engineering. You will have an immediate responsibility of the core project team consisting of 2-4 quantum engineers. With your strong technological competence, you will ensure a seamless operation of your team and linking its activities to the company’s goals and objectives by ensuring company-level collaboration. Your role requires a strong background in the science, technology, and methodology of quantum systems, and you have the capacity to instruct and train more junior team members in their work as well as to contribute to the hands-on R&D work as needed. You will contribute to project planning, and you will be responsible of timely execution of the project work.
Key responsibilities include
- Planning of R&D activities and project work
- Ensuring a timely execution and reporting progress of R&D activities
- Instructing and coaching more junior team members
- Training new team members
- Participating in hands-on R&D work
- Organizing your project team’s collaboration within the company
- PhD in Electrical engineering, Physics, Applied Physics, or related field.
- Strong technological background in the field of quantum engineering
- Experience in an advisory or leadership role in research
- Strong teamwork skills
- Excellent communication (English, verbal and written), and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to new situations in rapidly changing research environment
We are currently seeking for a talented Test Automation Engineer, who will be responsible for the automated testing, quality control, calibration and documentation of our (DC / RF) electronic equipment production.
The individual will collaborate in the development of the test protocols and apply them to verify if the produced equipment meets the product requirements on system level.
We are looking for person with good level programming skills mainly in python; knowledge in DC and RF testing equipment; and organizational skills, and ability to generate product documentation and datasheets. We have preference for someone who has demonstrated an ability to identify and learn new tools, languages and technologies as well as the capacity to welcome feedback and use it as a way to improve their own skills and methods.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop automated test protocols to verify that the electronic instruments meet product requirements and benchmark their performance in controlled environment condition.
- Apply the test protocols and produce test report and other documentation.
- Measure and program calibration data on the devices.
- Collaborate in the process of obtaining commercial and performance certifications for the devices , e.g., CE label.
- Develop drivers and control software for the testing equipment on the test bench
- Maintenance of device tracking databases containing test performance and calibration and data support requests.
- Configuration control of the installed firmware versions in the delivered instruments
- Experience in electrical engineering or related field, MSc a plus but not required
- Experience in programming (python preferred), including controlling electronic (RF / DC) measurement equipment and automating the measurement process
- Experience in RF and DC measurement and benchmarking
- Good organizational and writing skills in English
- Experience in EMC testing and CE certification advantage
- Knowledge of RF engineering and concepts advantage