IQM is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers, headquartered in Espoo, Finland. Established in 2019, we have grown to 70+ employees and have established a subsidiary in Munich, Germany. We build quantum computers for research laboratories and supercomputing centers. For industrial customers, we deliver quantum advantage through our unique application-specific co-design approach. www.meetiqm.com
Project Manager (m/f/d)
By joining IQM, you will enter a deep tech company driving disruptive advancements in Quantum computing. We are a world-class team of quantum physicists, engineers, and computer experts working together to create new value for quantum computing. We are strongly integrated into the European quantum efforts and our international team is connected to business leaders and high-tech companies around the globe. Together, we aim to shape the future by developing disruptive technologies for quantum computing. IQM has recently established an office in Munich, Germany and we are growing our co-design team there.
What will I be doing?
You will lead the project team and coordinate internal resources and partners for the flawless execution of projects, ensuring that all goals are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget. The topic areas include but are not limited to quantum processor design and modeling, control system and software development, optimized characterization and operation of qubit systems, and system engineering.
You will contribute to project planning, and you will be responsible of timely execution of the project work, using appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs. You will report on the progress of the project to the management of the company. You will measure and report project performance minimizing the project risks.
You will establish and maintain relationships with third parties and create and maintain comprehensive project documentation. Your role requires a strong background in the science, technology, and methodology of quantum systems.
What skills do I need?
- Engineering background, preferably in the fields of physics, engineering, computer science or similar
- Working experience in business, management, budgeting or analysis
- Working experience as a project administrator/coordinator/manager in the R&D field
- Working experience in managing resources
- You have natural leadership
- You are able to motivate others and easily influence others behavior in a positive way
- Your communication and listening skills allow you to learn and engage with clients and team members
- You feel comfortable bringing team members together during difficult moments
- You earn the trust of your team members being genuinely interested in their growth
- You are capable of organising and tracking a large number of tasks, issues, actions, milestones and decisions
What can I expect at IQM?
IQM offers a truly unique opportunity to make a real impact on the future of quantum computing. You’ll work in a VC funded company that is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers.
You will have all the development opportunities of a growing business, and the unique opportunity to make a serious impact on a growing organization.
In addition to this, you’ll work with a truly talented and diverse team.
Meet our people and hear more about IQM by visiting our Youtube channel here >>
We’ll start the interview process immediately. Please attach your CV and some work examples/portfolio.