IQM is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers, headquartered in Espoo, Finland. We have grown to 80+ employees and have established a subsidiary in Munich, Germany. We build quantum computers for research laboratories and supercomputing centers. For industrial customers, we deliver quantum advantage through our unique application-specific co-design approach.
We are looking for a Quantum Engineer, Device design to support our mission of expanding the frontier of scientific and technological progress.
What will I be doing?
As a member of our Design and Simulations team, you will design quantum processing units and contribute to the core technology of our quantum computers. The demand level and focus of the job will depend on your background and interest, but generally includes the following:
- Quantum physics and design calculations
- CAD layout, especially programmatically
- Numerical modeling and optimization
- Finite element electromagnetic field simulations
- Improvement and automation of the chip design workflow
What skills do I need?
- A PhD or MSc in physics or related engineering field will ensure a good base knowledge and understanding of the concepts
- Good knowledge of quantum physics and quantum computing
- Prior experience with superconducting circuit and/or qubit design preferred
- Understanding of RF design concepts
- Good programming skills (we work mostly with Python)
- The ability to make engineering tradeoffs between competing requirements
- We are in this together and expect great cooperation skills and teamwork from all colleagues at IQM!
- Additionally, it's an advantage if you have an affinity with numerical methods and optimization and experience with electromagnetic field simulators such as Ansys HFSS, Comsol, or Sonnet.
What I can expect from IQM
An important mission to work on with a passionate and diverse team.
A unique opportunity to have a serious impact in a growing organization.
Plenty of room to progress alongside the company!
Meet IQM People and hear our stories on Youtube here >>
Please send your application the soonest, we proceed with interviews on a continuous mode.