IQM is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers, headquartered in Espoo, Finland. Established in 2019, we have grown to 70+ employees and have established a subsidiary in Munich, Germany. We build quantum computers for research laboratories and supercomputing centers. For industrial customers, we deliver quantum advantage through our unique application-specific co-design approach. www.meetiqm.com
Quantum Engineer/Grant Manager (m/f/d)
By joining IQM, you will enter a deep tech company driving disruptive advancements in Quantum computing. We are a world-class team of quantum physicists, engineers, and computer experts working together to create new value for quantum computing. We are strongly integrated into the European quantum efforts and our international team is connected to business leaders and high-tech companies around the globe. Together, we aim to shape the future by developing disruptive technologies for quantum computing. IQM has recently established an office in Munich, Germany and we are growing our co-design team there.
What will I be doing?
You will be part of a project team in a particular R&D topic area aiming to deliver a novel type of a superconducting quantum computer. The topic areas include but are not limited to quantum processor control systems and software development, optimized characterization and operation of qubit systems, and system engineering.
Part of your work will also be to enhance funding models, identify new sources of funding and develop sustainable and effective grant programs. The topic areas include but are not limited to quantum processor design and modeling, control system and software development, optimized characterization and operation of qubit systems, and system engineering. You will manage overall grant efforts, document payments and expenditure, optimize the grant administration process, oversee fund-raising, ensure compliance with grant regulations, review grant proposals, manage grant databases, engage with donor agencies. You will establish and maintain relationships with third parties and create and maintain comprehensive project proposals.
Your role requires a strong background in the science, technology, and methodology of quantum systems, and you have the capacity to learn as well as to contribute to the hands-on R&D work as needed.
What skills do I need?
- MSc in physics, electrical engineering, or similar field
- Knowledge or experience with quantum computation/algorithms or quantum technologies in general. Furthermore, it will be strongly appreciated if the candidate has also knowledge in quantum architectures (specifically superconducting circuits)
- Knowledge with quantum architectures (specifically superconducting circuits) will be strongly appreciate
- Experience as a project administrator, coordinator or manager in the R&D field
- Experience in elaborating and preparing projects
- You care deeply about building and keeping the internal and external quality of your work high
- You are capable of organizing and tracking a large number of tasks, issues, actions, milestones and decisions
- You have a natural methodical and strategic thinking and understanding of R&D business
- You have natural leadership
- Your communication and listening skills allow you to learn and engage with partners and team members
What can I expect at IQM?
IQM offers a truly unique opportunity to make a real impact on the future of quantum computing. You’ll work in a VC funded company that is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers.
You will have all the development opportunities of a growing business, and the unique opportunity to make a serious impact on a growing organization.
In addition to this, you’ll work with a truly talented and diverse team.
Meet our people and hear more about IQM by visiting our Youtube channel here >>
We’ll start the interview process immediately. Please attach your CV and some work examples/portfolio.